- Unlike alcohol or coffee, Tea has zero or negligible amounts of caffeine and other unhealthy substances. They do say that one or two cups of coffee or wine is OK as long as you aren’t addicted or anything, but the fact remains that addiction or dependence is a possibility with these other drinks. Tea? No addictive substances. If there is, it’s extremely diluted. I can drink 4 cups of Tea and still fall asleep no problem.
- It smells good. Seriously, I drink it more for the aroma than the taste. Otherwise it would be too bitter to be worth sipping for an entire half-an-hour.
- Easy on the stomach. I can drink it in the morning on an empty stomach and be just fine, whereas coffee often gives my morning stomach acids a bit too much to work with.
- It’s easier to wash out of my pots and mugs than hot chocolate, coffee, or other hot drinks.
- I get to have a huge tea leaf collection in my cupboards, and feel sophisticated whenever I stare at it.
Plus, there’s the added bonus of being able to buy cute mugs and tea strainers.